Gaining experience to understand and correctly work a device (aka tool or equipment) is often done in real-world settings without much more than a few hours of training and a user manual. With today’s technology, any device can be simulated. Any device.
Traditional training is often conducted via learning management systems where learners answer a question, point, and click with the mouse. An in-person training might consist of an instructor traveling to a location and spending a couple of hours lecturing and showing a device in front of a class. In many cases the learner is not engaged and is not retaining the material presented. When the need arises to put the steps/knowledge/process into practice in a real-world setting, the learner often makes mistakes—sometimes fatal errors.
With technology development easily accessible, organizations can simulate a device with a mobile or web app. Training becomes an exciting interaction, with real-time feedback. Healthcare organizations and the military have led the way with a number of device simulations. Mainstream businesses are now following.
Learners can train safely using a simulation before moving to a real-world situation. From medication administration, to programming life-saving medical devices, to factory equipment, manufacturing tools, and more, learners can study buttons and functions and practice steps until mastered.
Benefits and ROI from device simulation:
- Train learners consistently, the same way every time.
- Record and report results to track learner progress.
- Remove anxiety from training during dangerous situations.
- Train anytime day or night.
- Replace clunky LMS systems with more engaging simulation.
- Cut down on travel costs.
- Cut down on material preparation and printing costs.
- Reach compliance faster.
- Secure, with no need to worry about hardware engineering technology being exposed.
- Use device simulations for sales and marketing, rather than taking the actual device, which may be large and less mobile.
The process of developing a device simulation is fast and reliable when you work with an experienced development company. Contact CSE Software® today for demos and details.